Manassas Park City Council 2018-present
Experienced and Engaged.
Alanna is running for Mayor! November 2024
I am excited to announce my candidacy for Mayor. I have the experience and community engagement to bring Manassas Park into a bright future. I will work to continue to diversify our tax base, bringing retail and entertainment to our community and lowering our real estate taxes. With a focus on safety and transportation, I will work to improve pedestrian access to the entire city. Funding education and properly staffing our departments, I will work towards a diverse and strong community for us all!
Donate here: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/fundalanna
A Manassas Park resident since 2009, I love and admire this city I call home. As Councilmember I work hard to bring us through these fiscally challenging years without compromising the integrity of our city.
- Lowered our real estate taxes (6/22/21)(6/2022)(coming soon, another cut! June 2023)
- Voted to approve our new City Center, bringing retail and entertainment to the heart of Manassas Park and diversifying our income in order to provide future employee raises and tax cuts (6/16/2020)
- Incurred NO NEW debt over any of my terms in office, and brought down the preexisting debt to manageable levels
- Acquired the Golf Course and voted to turn it into Blooms Park
- Voted to increase annual funding to the schools
- Voted to refinance our debt to save approximately $2 Million for the City (6/17/19)
- Restricted commercial vehicle overnight parking throughout the City to ensure more parking for residents
- Increased life guard pay to eliminate pool closures at the Community Center (6/17/19)
- Changed Columbus Day to Indigenous People’s Day (7/16/19)
- Approved the smart scale application to improve intersections on Route 28 (9/1/20)
- Purchased two new canopies to expand the MAP Clinic (9/1/20)
- Implemented a new website for the City and user-friendly online pay system (9/15/20)
- Council Member, Manassas Park City Council, Elected 2018
- Commissioner, Manassas Park Planning Commission (2019-present)
- Member, School Board, Manassas Park City Schools (one term)
- Chair, Greater Prince William County Trails Coalition (2021-present)
- Member, Virginia Railway Express Advisory Board (2021-present)
- Chairwoman of the Board, Governor’s School at Innovation Park (2 years)
- Chairwoman, ARB, Bloom’s Crossing Homeowner’s Association (7 years)
- Self Employed music teacher, teaching the children of Manassas Park (2010-present)
- Piano teacher at the Manassas Park Community Center (2015-2020)
- Resident of Manassas Park since 2009
- Mother of two young Manassas Park residents!
Paid for and authorized by Alanna M. Mensing for City Council