A Manassas Park resident since 2009, I have come to love and admire this city I call home. As Councilmember I will work hard to bring us through these fiscally challenging years without compromising the integrity of our city. My goal is to help Manassas Park become a destination for people to live and work.
- Acquired the Golf Course and voted to turn it into Blooms Park
- Voted to increase annual funding to the schools
- Voted (unsuccessfully) to keep our contract with the County Library (6/17/19)
- Voted to refinance our debt to save approximately $2 Million for the City (6/17/19)
- Increased life guard pay to eliminate pool closures at the Community Center (6/17/19)
- Voted for a resolution and code change to keep angled parking on five cul-de-sacs where there are no other parking options (10/1/19)(8/18/20)
- Changed Columbus Day to Indigenous People’s Day (7/16/19)
- Approved the smart scale application to improve intersections on Route 28 (9/1/20)
- Purchased two new canopies to expand the MAP Clinic (9/1/20)
- Implemented a new website for the City and user-friendly online pay system (going live end of 2020) (9/15/20)
My husband and I moved here after he left the military. We were attracted to the small city feel close to DC. We immediately became involved in our community, and I joined the Architectural Review Board for the Blooms Crossing Homeowner’s Association where I served as the chairwoman. I also served on the Manassas Park City School Board for one term, prior to being elected to City Council in 2018.
I have taught music lessons to the children of Manassas Park ever since moving here. I love the diversity and the passion our children have. A few years ago I was fortunate enough to get appointed to our School Board, and I have enjoyed collaborating with others to find ways to benefit and improve our schools.
I have two young boys at home, and my full time job is currently taking care of them. I hope to instill in them a sense of service and teach them to give back to their community.
I am eager to work together with my neighbors to find ways to improve our city. I look forward to serving Manassas Park!
- Council Member, Manassas Park City Council, Elected 2018
- Commissioner, Manassas Park Planning Commission, since 2019
- Member, School Board, Manassas Park City Schools (one term)
- Chairwoman of the Board, Governor’s School at Innovation Park (2 years)
- Chairwoman, ARB, Bloom’s Crossing Homeowner’s Association (7 years)
- Self Employed music teacher, teaching the children of Manassas Park, since 2010
- Piano teacher at the Manassas Park Community Center, since 2015
- Mother of two young Manassas Park residents!
Paid for and authorized by Alanna M. Mensing for City Council