A Manassas Park resident since 2009, I love and admire this city I call home. As Councilmember I work hard to bring us through these fiscally challenging years without compromising the integrity of our city. My goal is to help Manassas Park become a destination for people to live and work.
- Voted to approve our new City Center, bringing retail and entertainment to the heart of Manassas Park and diversifying our income in order to provide future employee raises and tax cuts (6/16/2020)
- Acquired the Golf Course and voted to turn it into Blooms Park
- Voted to increase annual funding to the schools
- Voted to refinance our debt to save approximately $2 Million for the City (6/17/19)
- Increased life guard pay to eliminate pool closures at the Community Center (6/17/19)
- Voted for a resolution and code change to keep angled parking on five cul-de-sacs where there are no other parking options (10/1/19)(8/18/20)
- Changed Columbus Day to Indigenous People’s Day (7/16/19)
- Approved the smart scale application to improve intersections on Route 28 (9/1/20)
- Purchased two new canopies to expand the MAP Clinic (9/1/20)
- Implemented a new website for the City and user-friendly online pay system (going live end of 2020) (9/15/20)
My husband and I moved here after he left the military. We were attracted to the small city feel close to DC. We immediately became involved in our community, and I joined the Architectural Review Board for the Blooms Crossing Homeowner’s Association where I served as the chairwoman. I also served on the Manassas Park City School Board for one term, prior to being elected to City Council in 2018.
I have taught music lessons to the children of Manassas Park ever since moving here. I love the diversity and the passion our children have.
I have two young boys at home, and my full time job is currently taking care of and homeschooling them. I hope to instill in them a sense of service and teach them to give back to their community.
I am eager to work together with my neighbors to find ways to improve our city. I look forward to serving Manassas Park!
- Council Member, Manassas Park City Council, Elected 2018
- Commissioner, Manassas Park Planning Commission, since 2019
- Member, School Board, Manassas Park City Schools (one term)
- Chairwoman of the Board, Governor’s School at Innovation Park (2 years)
- Chairwoman, ARB, Bloom’s Crossing Homeowner’s Association (7 years)
- Self Employed music teacher, teaching the children of Manassas Park, since 2010
- Piano teacher at the Manassas Park Community Center 2015-2020
- Mother of two young Manassas Park residents!
Paid for and authorized by Alanna M. Mensing for City Council